Started Nov 25, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Noel Hastings
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 review
Nov 25, 2008

I have owned the FZ18, FZ28, TZ3, FX35, FX500 and now this FX37. I have settled on a combo of the FZ-28 for creative stuff and huge lens range, manual control and such. I use the FX37 as my pocket camera. I agree with previous post, the lens range is one of the main bonuses. The quality if wonderful as well, better than FX500 just slightly. The feature set of great and the controls are easy to use. The battery life decent and it has been robust in many conditions. The only possible complaints would be that the lens is a little slow on long end and the chip is a bit noisy in very low light. I prefer no flash ever if possible. There are no manual controls, which would also be nice but if I need that much control I use the FZ28. The iA mode is amazing and will almost ALWAYS get you a nice photo. If I could request one feature at all it would be control of the flash exposure so I can stop down the flash a little. for the size, money and such this is the best small pocket camera I have owned. The TZ3 (TZ5 now) was a great compromise if you don't want both a small camera and a larger.

Problems:

SERVICE: I sent this camera to be serviced after sensor collected some particles and dust on it. It was sent to the Elk Grove service site. I never heard from Panasonic after I dropped this camera in the mail, despite requesting status updates. It was never returned to me. I later found out they received it, repaired it and shipped it to the WRONG STATE! Still waiting on resolution, but a month later I still have no camera and I am out the shipping costs too!

Noel Hastings's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow