Started Jan 24, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tonybl
Regular MemberPosts: 388
Like?
Nikon Coolpix L15 review
Jan 24, 2009

I blindly went and bought this camera as a cheap P&S to replace my previous Canon P&S which packed up after a few years. The Canon IQ for wha tis was A450, was brilliant. Flash stopped working. Although being a Canon user (DSLR and other P&S non which have given toruble after many years) I thought well Nikon is generally excellent, and the specs, and size seemed attractive.

Boy did I make a mistake. Firstly IQ is shockingly bad compared to the Canon P&S. The camera often needed the batteries pulled out to make it work ie it froze, often lens would not retract after switching off etc, etc. What a horrible waste of money. It ha sbeen sent back to the shop wher eI bought it, and told then, I dont want it back, or even another Nikon. They have sent it back to Nikon, and I am waiting for their final verdict.

Rather buy a Canon Cheapo, you wont be dissapointed.

Problems:

1) Very bad image quality - compared to similar Canon P&S. Very bad bandling in 1 out of 10 shots. High noise even at low ISO. Colours bland and grayed out,etc, etc.

2) Freezes and requires batteries to be pulled out to restart.

3) Lens will not retract, requires battries to be pulle dout.

Tonybl's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow