Started Feb 20, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
quantum2238845
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax K10D review
Feb 20, 2009

I love the K10D! I’m an amateur photographer (who knows what he is doing) whose needs range from portraiture to sports to landscape photography. It is a bargain for the price considering the “feel”, weather resistant body (I think there is none other for under $1,000), in camera stabilization (good for two stops), exposure options, and ease of use. I also like being able to buy excellent older Pentax prime lenses, usually for very little, and using them with this camera. I recently took some portraits using a wide open manual 50mm 1:1.4 with outstanding sharpness combined with great bokeh. The lens only cost $40 on eBay!

Problems:

There is a minor problem with getting the white balance right when shooting indoors. I solved this by using a simple pocket gray card. As most of the serious reviews noted, there is some minor softness when shooting in JPEG due to the internal algorithm used by Pentax. When shooting RAW there is no drop off in detail compared to my other camera, a Nikon. I usually shoot in the combination RAW/JPEG mode so this is never a problem.

quantum2238845's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow