Started Mar 3, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
princewolf
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
Canon PowerShot A590 IS review
Mar 3, 2009

This is a camera which is not priced as high by retailers who don't know its real value. This camera is a real must for any photo buff. Full manual settings allow you to tweak f-stop, shutter speed and ISO, while seeing the results instantly on your LCD. It allows manual focusing and an option to zoom in to the object you are focusing to see the effects live. If you just want it for photos without any knowledge of photography, just choose the scene you want, or even better, use the easy mode to have the kid on the street take your group photo. Or adjust the white balance to custom for a personal touch. se sepia if you wish to reduce high ISO grain in low light. This little machine literaly teaches photography in its manual settings.
Pros as list:
-Shutter lag short
-Uses 2 AA(get rechargeable)
-Uses SD card
-Great Grip and great looks
-Real manual settings(there are those who advertise P mode as if it's M)
-Manual Focus, focus zoom
-2.6 f-stop at wide, 5.5 at optical 4x zoom
-On daylight, as good as my EOS350D dslr
-Optical VF
-good price(in my opinion, undervalued)

Problems:

-Camera build is a joke. I have seen more solid toys. Are you going to a harsh field trip? Leave this at home.
-Optical viewfinder lacks info otherwise available on LCD
-LCD resolution doesn't do justice to images taken, but I could hardly complain about it

princewolf's gear list:princewolf's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Leica V-LUX 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 +11 more
princewolf's score
Average community score
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow