Started Mar 6, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deleted_081301
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 review
Mar 6, 2009

very easy to use well built camera EVF makes infra red so easy to use.. ive been takeing Infra red photos for about 5 years now with an Olympus C4000z ..wen i saw the IS-1 which can be used handheld .and also the EVF allowing bright vision for composition i though this camera would be the answer to my Infra Red prayers..ive been trying it out with different IR filter since i got it in NOV 2008..and unfortunatly the HOT SPOTS make this camera virtually unusable .i'm hopeing to be able to get a refund on it as it is UNFIT for purpose..

Problems:

A great camera which unfortunatly due to its lens (coating ?? ) has a bright Hotspot even when i tested it with my back to the sun.....when the sun is bright and high in the sky there is allways a HOT spot right in the middle it is worst with a 720nm filter than with a 775nm filter.also very bad with the lens stopped down when it shows a highly defined Hot Spot in the shape of the iris diafragm

deleted_081301's gear list:deleted_081301's gear list
Olympus C-4000 Zoom Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1s Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +5 more
deleted_081301's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow