Started May 5, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
biderek
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T900 review
May 5, 2009

Having had sony cybershots since the T1 and also the N1 and N2 I decided to have a new T900. I like the other chap on here bought the largest Sony Pro Duo card (he never gave the size) mine was a 16GB but the camera (well mine at least) does not function with that card I have bought another 16GB just incase it was faulty but No good all it keept saying "please reinstall memory card"

Anyway I then rang the sony people "Hu what a laugh I may as well spoke to my dog!

Moving on I have now bought a 8GB Card which works well with the T900.

I find the camera takes very good photo's allowing for it's size it is a camera like most front lens camera's that you have to be very careful not to put your finger over all or part of the lens when focusing!

The drop down lens cover can be fiddly but OK the start up time is Ace! and the big screen is great. The icons are very easy to understand and the changes can be done swiftly.

I to don't like the screen in very bright sunshine but the smile mode is great fun and it works well.

The versatilty of this camera is good and it is a definate camera to take with you I ride Motorcycles and its good to be able to have it with you and even let my passengers use it on the fly!

I have no probs with the battery and the HD Video is real good just wish I knew how to get them from the camera off the PC to a disc that we can play in the lounge!
Its never going to be a rugid as my old T1 but it beats it hands down on picture quality.

Overall a great neat little camera that can take some perfect close up pics!

Problems:

Wont handle 16GB Sony pro duo memory card !
Not good enough zoom
Difficult to drop lens slide sometimes
Screen In sunshine useless

biderek's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow