Started May 19, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
flYing2x4
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 review
May 19, 2009

I bought this camera at first release - up from Dynax 7D. I use the vertical grip and with this it is a fantastic setup. It is easy to use with a well thought out menu system. Picture quality is really good - especially RAW. With it, I bought the Carl Zeiss 16-80mm zoom lens. This really shows the camera off to its best. The images are so sharp it's more than I expected. Overall, it's a proper camera buff's camera. Live View? - dont need it, its quick to review pics via histogram or via the fantastic screen. I think me and this camera will be freinds for a very long time and I have no hesistation in recommending it to anyone. The Software that comes with the camera is really good - in fact I use the Raw Converter more now then the Photoshop Camera Raw - and that's a real compliment.

Problems:

No problems. Any that did exist for the purist have been sorted out admirabley by the sony boffins courteousy of Firmaware update Vesion 4.0 and improvements to the Software package.

flYing2x4's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow