Started Jun 27, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paul griffo
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Samsung HZ10W (WB500) review
Jun 27, 2009

I purchased this camera 2 weeks ago, after reading numerous reviews and test reports, as a backup to my Nikon D90 DSLR, for a trip to Perth WA that is coming up.

I will also take my Panasonic LX3, but from early results outdoors the Samsung handles and performs brilliantly, and with care and attention to focus and mode, indoor results are also very good.

It's pretty quick to get operating and very easy to carry around, and value for the A$380 dollars paid could not be beaten....But it could do with a spare generic battery!
Just in case you get caught out, as it requires a dedicated USB cord and does not have a separate battery charger but recharges in camera....No real drama, but it does take about 2.5 hours to recharge, even if not fully discharged.

All in all, Samsung have done a great job with this camera....
Great exposures every time, lovely wide angle, 14 scene modes and in camera edits!
HD movies with lens zoom ability is also impressive.....

I could easily recomend the HZ10W (WB500 in Australia) to anyone as a 2nd or maybe even their 1st digital camera.
It rivals my TZ2 which goes everywhere with me just in case an opportunity arises.....

Problems:

None so far!

paul griffo's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow