Started Jul 16, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ORLO
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax K2000 (K-m) review
Jul 16, 2009

If I go back in time and compare with the features my first MZ50 had, it is like comparing a horse with a rocket. I have learned to use manual settings and the new camera can help me do the "easy" way all the time. Believe me, you shall not use M mode if you can chose from an enormous amount of scene position,
And there is also the Av, Tv, sensitivity priority and so on.
My only concern, as an old analogue SRL user is why do I have to read such a big user manual to know everything about this small treasure.
If you can not make a good picture with this camera, sell it as fast as possible and quit making pictures any more.
I spent nearly a whole year on forums to decide which camera to buy. I had Pentax cameras and lenses and it was hard to decide to stay with Pentax or to move to Nikon world (D90 - D300) - (or at least Fuji S5Pro)
Then came Pentax K200, K20 and even K7 in discussion.
It was a hard fight.
Now I am completely satisfied. My former digital camera was a Fuji S7000 Bridge camera. I was satisfied with all its features. Only the extremely slow shutter reaction, lazy AF and weak depthfield were annoying.
I also had the option for another bridge camera, the fuji S100 which is filled up with a lot of gadgets, but due to the small sensor lacks the essential needs I have mentioned earlier.
As i like to go outdoors and to catch wildlife, but also my little son, I needed
If you need more than this camera offers you either are a very "professional" or you have more money than photographic skill.
In my country there is a proverb which says that you must always pay for welfare and stupidity. So, do you want to pay for more?

Problems:

Nothing yet as it is an 1 day old camera.
Probably the 5 field AF sensor which does not show what is on focus, but as I always have used pointing AF, and then AF lock, I do not think that it will be a problem.
Underexposure can not be such a big deal
remember. In early day every shot was a waste of slide. And only after you took the pictures from the shop you could face with your success or fail. Now you can make hundreds of pics until you reach the desired quality.
And, anyway, most of your pics will be lost in your computer

ORLO's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow