Started Oct 10, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
itravel
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 review
Oct 10, 2009

takes excellent pictures - esp. landscape. i was afraid that the pictures wouldn't be sharp enough, but after having the camera for 6 months, i don't notice the reduced level of sharpness. another great thing is that the battery lasts a long time. one of my prior cameras was a canon and evidently they STILL haven't fixed that problem. i only had to charge this once every 3 weeks while i was on a 4 mo. trip around the world.

Support for the camera was great. i had some spots from lint/dust inside the camera lens. i called panasonic's repair number, sent the camera in, and 2 weeks later got a refurbished replacement for no charge! amazing - i'll definitely buy another panasonic!

Problems:

it's better to use AI mode to take closeups with a flash - if you use the auto mode, the picture will be overexposed

it sometimes overexposes on cloudy days (what point&Shoot doesn't?). sometimes i use the 'snow' scene, but sometimes that doesn't underexpose it enough.

video is amazing, but makes large .MOV files. As soon as I put the video onto my computer, I convert it to an .AVI file using FormatFactory (free program from downloads.com). This reduces the files size by around 75%.

itravel's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow