Started Oct 14, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Padilla
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review
Oct 14, 2009

I have this camera since last year, upgraded from a S3 IS. I was expecting that Canon must solved some problems but not, they continue the same. Under low light conditions - if you arent under a bright cloudy day - the precision of the focusing is very weak if you are using the zoom among 10x. If your subject also is walking in/out your direction the focusing also dont works well because its slow. I noticed also a lack of sharpness on the edges of the field when using the zoom, at average power.
I like to take candid pictures and the vary angle LCD is a great advantage that this camera offers, this is the motiv I choose it and the price also. I know that we have the quality for what we pay for and for those that wish a great zoom p&s camera will have to have very patience and take many shots to choose one with suficient quality if use this camera. If you not use much zoom (till 4x ) the answer is quick and the quality of the pictures are very good.
Resuming, if you are very exigent about the quality and wishes to use much zoom I recomend think twice before choose this camera.

Problems:

The autofocus is imprecise and slow when using much zoom if the light condition isnt execelent.
Lack of sharpness on the edges of the field when using much zoom.

Padilla's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow