Started Nov 24, 2009 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
princewolf
Regular MemberPosts: 125Gear list
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 review
Nov 24, 2009

I believe I am one of the last people to buy this amazing camera in Turkey. It looked weird to spend a beginner DSLR-range price to a 5MP dinosaur. But the camera looked like a camera! It looked so beautiful and eloquent. This is a REAL camera. Aperture ring? in digital? just caught back up with '70s:)
Image Quality, the reason why we spend at all on these babies. Just great. It blows away my 8MP eos350d-which is a real nice piece in itself- this camera has one of the lowest pixel densities and delivers cyristal clear results. I think the low pixel count and large sensor decrease noise in a unique way, and gives a unique look. The lens is worth probably 2-3x the price of the camera. With 67mm diameter,2-2.4f aperture it is great.
If you have the money to spare, don't get bothered by friends who flash away their 15MP DSLRs, get this baby. And rest assured that you are way beyond their league.
Battery life is good, LCD could be better-as one reviewer experienced pictures in %100 look better. I think the fact that I'm posting a comment for a discontinued camera speaks for itself.

Problems:

-Large apertures dictate precise focusing and I had to resort to AF in non-macro work. It magnifies LCD view to see the area being focused and it helps, but I wouldn't risk it in a momentous shot.
-The aperture had given me high hopes for low-light, but if you can't use flash and/or have a fast moving subject, nope. The bounce flash is brilliant, though. Just make sure to select the correct WB, as auto can get dizzy.
-Card writing time is a bit on the slow side, especially in RAW, consistent with its production time, but no biggie if you are not shooting the blue angels.
-I had to part with my baby for about a month for CCD repair, but the service did it nicely and it works great now.
-It's big.

princewolf's gear list:princewolf's gear list
Canon PowerShot A590 IS Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Leica V-LUX 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 +8 more
princewolf's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow