Started Jan 2, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pawel Mazur
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio S5z review
Jan 2, 2010

I really enjoyed using this camera for a few years. It broke once when I took it to a beach and sand stopped the lenses to move when turning on and off but I got it fixed under my warranty (nice!).

Now it broke again with the lens cover fins not to open and close when turning on/off and there is an ugly dot visible in the pictures when shooting at any focal length other than at the wide angle (might be a dirt or mold on lenses or sensor). Apparently I could get it fixed for $140, but this cost does not make any sense... It is a pity,
as this was a great pocket camera which I used on many occasions including parties and traveling.

Colours and details were very nice. It is shame it is a discontinued model. I also think that none of the later Pentax little cameras is as great as the s5z model.

Problems:

lens fins got blocked (with dirt probably) and now (after 4-5 years of usage) every photo ends up having a dot when shooting with any degree of zooming in.

Pawel Mazur's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow