Started Jan 7, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
proef
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Pentax Optio P80 review
Jan 7, 2010

Re: construction:The camera is rock solid but I've deducted .5 point because of the battery/SD card compartment door. It has come off "track" twice in the ~50 times I've opened it.

Re: Ease of use: Once you have waded through the 244-page manual and memorized most of what you need to know (there is a lot), then gotten used to its small size, it is easy to use.

I bought it to take with me when I didn't, or couldn't, take my Pentax K20D with me. I had to read and reread the P80's manual much more than I needed to read the K20 manual in order to do most -- but not all -- of the things this little camera will do.

The 12 MP image compares very favorably with the images produced by the 14 MP and better lenses of the K20.

Considering its size, cost, and features, the P80 is a great companion for a larger SLR.

Problems:

The automatic light setting is worthless in tungsten light. But the tungsten setting, and the manual tungsten setting, do a fine job.

The battery/SD compartment door, as explained above.

proef's gear list:proef's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
proef's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow