Started Feb 13, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kligis48
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax K20D review
Feb 13, 2010

I have it since April 2008 and it is my first digital SLR. I use it for excursions in Switzerland and for travelling in Europe and the US. When I am out and about my preferred lens is the 50-135 F2.8 Aside from that I do bit product photography for my company with the 35mm Ltd.
It is a very sturdy, reliable cam and fits nearly perfect into my hands.

Problems:

However, some feature may not be considered to be on cutting edge level: The automatic white balance gives poor results in mixed light situations. Therefore I would recommend choosing an appropriate pre-setting and developing the jpg’s out of the raw-files. Anyway the reproduction of strong red shades might have a need of improvement in the eyes of a pedantic purist (I'm not such a guy). Another issue could be the autofocus. It is quite slow for its class and definitely nothing for sports or any other fast motif situation. It’s no issue for me as I use it for still photography mainly. Otherwise I would think about upgrading to the K7. Noise reduction works well at ISO 800, but noise rises strongly at ISO 1600. On the other hand texture preserve is wonderful.

kligis48's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow