Started Apr 9, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ekimap
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio W80 review
Apr 9, 2010

I bought this after I dropped my Canon TX1 thinking drop proof would be good. My Canon had 7.1 megapixels so I figured the 12.1 megapixel would at the very least take as good a pictures. I knew the zoom would be half of what I was used to, but it still video taped in HD 6:9 so it should at the very least have equal video quality. HOW VERY WRONG I WAS! My broken camera with serious focus issues took some amazing video at a concert where this camera took extraordinarily noisy video. I tested it at home with the exact picture taken with my canon. The pentax pics were softer and noisy no matter what setting I used, even when I set it to exactly what the canon was at. Needless to say, I took it back and am spending my money on fixing my canon which took amazing pics and video. It did have interesting features, but if the pics don't look good, there isn't much point. I never took it under water so I can't comment on that part.

Problems:

VERY noisy picture quality at any setting or light type.
A little small and light for my taste.
on/ off button a bit hard to push.

ekimap's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow