Started Apr 16, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike Ching
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 review
Apr 16, 2010

Coming from A100, A200 to A700, I am a very happy man.

Big cybershot because of Smile shutter and Face detection? These are gimmicks that I appreciated when I had the chance to use it.

I am a wedding photographer and when I was eating, I had the camera on a tripod, with live view on, smile shutter on, face detect on and left the camera for about 20min. The results were amazing! All smiles, big or small were captured in an instant. Very intuitive camera.

There is nothing wrong with having PNS capabilities on a DSLR. Somehow you'll find it fun to use just for relaxing a bit.

Problems:

The built quaility is a bit low because of the low grade plastics used on the top portion and on the Dpad. If you come from a line of A100 or A200, the dpad on those feels sturdy with lots of resistance to it.

Value for money? I was given a choice to go for an A700 or A550. ISO is very important for me and found that A550 suits my needs. If I had a choice, I would have settled for an A500 for cheaper price or the A450. But alas, there was a shortage on the A500 and I needed the camera badly.

Mike Ching's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow