Started Jun 14, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
shadabaj
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio W80 review
Jun 14, 2010

Bought it as a replacement to Pentax M20 that got damaged while skating.

It has the same sensor as the w90 which as of now is about £100 more expensive. Got the camera for £130 which is good deal for a water proof camera. I did go through the camera review here and it didn't seem good.

I'm using it as a secondary camera. its good for outdoor daytime. indoor is reasonable at ISO 400 without flash.

if you've accidentally deleted pics, you can recover them as long as you haven't taken any new pics after deleting.

battery life is good for a day of shooting as a secondary camera. i've bought a spare battery.

i wanted a waterproof camera so that i can take pics in any weather without any fear of damaging the camera.

I chose this camera over the others for two reasons. i've used pentax and liked it for being different from others. for eg. m20 was AA powered. this is my third pentax over the years. secondly canon d10 although being a better camera. its horrible looking.

most of the drawbacks of pentax m20 have been rectified in this camera making it more user friendly.

if you are considering it as a primary camera... i wouldn't advice it. canon ixus 130 / 210 would be a better P&S camera.

as a secondary all weather tough camera. this would be the perfect choice

Problems:

more manual control would have been better. you need to go thru the menu for changing basic settings.

indoor/low light is ok only with flash.

shadabaj's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow