Started Jul 25, 2010 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
totunu
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS review
Jul 25, 2010

Very good telephoto zoom, good details at maximum zoom, very good IS, let you get good quality photo (best from compact camera) at equiv. f=400mm! For this: 5 stars!

Very slow camera, you will miss many photos if you are not already prepared to get it. The zoom is slow (it is right that it is long), the AF is very slow. Also, take to long until take the next shut. The white balance is not so good and the color in artificial light are not fine too. For this: 2.5 stars!

I tested 2 cameras, one is blowing the highlight every time in good light when is in Auto Mode, so that the sky is half blinking in histogram. On the other side the exposure is very easy to be set up/down by whell dial. The other camera have a better exposure but get less details when compared in full size.

Video HD have good details, but the AF work slow and bring seconds of blur when zooming.

Expensive for what it bring, with the exception of the long zoom. If you like and need a good telephoto camera in a small body, SX210is is a very good choice and you could pay the price. I keep it just for this.

Later Edit: One battery is not enough if you want a travel day of shooting and video, you need a spare battery.

I have also: Canon A620, A630, Canon 450D+Lenses

totunu's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow