Started Mar 30, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Terry M
Contributing MemberPosts: 771
Like?
Great little camera
Mar 30, 2011

I am LOVING this little camera! I'd been looking into purchasing a "fit-anywhere-go-everywhere" sort of camera for a while and thought I would pick up the Powershot S95 (though I was uneasy about spending so much for a digicam.) The 300 HS looked like a contender but I couldn't find it anywhere locally and I really wanted to feel it my hands.

When I arrived at the store to buy the S95 I found a shipment of the new models had arrived. I grabbed the 300 HS and haven't looked back. I know there are some tradeoffs compared to the S95, but I'm impressed with how good a camera this really is. Its wide-angle lens (24mm equivalent) and backside illuminated sensor are a great match.

I've been doing a lot of shooting around my apartment and workplace and the images by and large are very nice. I look forward to making some prints soon (8x10s) but my expectations are pretty high based on what I've seen so far. The battery life has been a nice surprise as well.

I took a half-star off my final rating because 1) it's not perfect (no camera is) and 2) Canon didn't include a printed user's manual.

Terry M's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow