Started May 13, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bmesc
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Best all-around lens
May 13, 2011

I switched from my K-x kit's standard zoom to using this as my default lens. I do not miss the zoom. The angle of view of this lens nicely covers distance and close shots. The macro is useful for product shots and creative street shots. The colors are dead on and it is super sharp. Bokeh is pleasant, but not super creamy, and not jagged, either. I am constantly amazed at 2 things: 1) how I rarely feel the need to use a different lens, and 2) how beautiful the photos this lens produces are. If, like me, you started out with the kit lenses, do yourself a favor and switch to this fixed length lens. You will not miss the zoom and you will be amazed at the step up in image quality. When you think of it, when you have a zoom, you often tend to zoom in on each shot. With this fixed length lens, you can get the "zoom" by moving closer, but what I think you will find is that taking wider shots makes for a more interesting photo. If you want to crop the photo later, that option is always available. This is an excellent lens and you will be amazed at its versatility.

bmesc's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow