Started Jul 15, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zoozig
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Not worth your money!
Jul 15, 2011

This camera is a big dissapiontment. The automode is out of control.The pictures look like they are the product of a digital zoom not optical. There is just no detail. It is back to my sx10is. The manual is not included, you are using your own paper and ink to print it. 194 pages no less! The lens hood is not included, needed and expensive to buy! At first I wondered if I scored a lemon but talking to people they all agree that the picture quality just is not there. The movie mode skips pictures and yields "file can not be read" messages with anything but the fastest memory cards (133). The vivid preset is so sick you will want to poke your eyes out!The bundeled software is not that good either, the previous versions were much better. I have never had a camera that synchs the flash at 1/15! Lord knows I tried, reading the manual, playing with the settings, this camera is just no fun! One more thing I noticed, animals seem to know when the camera is pointed at them and they run away from it! My cat complains every time I turn the camera on, birds fly away during focusing. Manual focus is not that practical, you spin the button like mad and things happen very slowly. Most of the time the touchy button gets you where you did not want to be! Get your self the sx10is or better stil the sx5is, the best of the lot.

zoozig's gear list:zoozig's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7
zoozig's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
awful
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
unrated
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
bad
Flash photography (social)
awful
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow