Started Jul 27, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zalllon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,693Gear list
Like?
Better than you think, great prints and great functionality
Jul 27, 2011

I owned this printer for about a year and half, and I was blown away with the tonality and realism of the prints. The only problem I had with this printer, was that I couldn't stop printing with it ... and I started to use up my ink sooner than later. But honestly, the ink usage wasn't bad ... it's just that I started selling prints once I started using this printer. Black and whites are amazing, especially in the AWB mode. Most of my printing is done straight of Lightroom, and the only problem I ran into was doubling profiling (a user error). I had printed a few 40" photos, as this takes rolls of 10" paper. I never really had a clogged printhead. A couple of times on the test print pattern I did see some signs of clogging, but instead of doing a cleaning cycle and wasting ink, I just ran the test print pattern a couple of more times (very little ink as it involves faint lines in each colour) and the clog was done. However I will say I do take care of my stuff, as the printer was always covered when not in use.

The only reason I do not have this printer anymore is because I sold it and bought the Epson 3880. The only thing I miss is the roll feed.

Problems:

none

Zalllon's gear list:Zalllon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +23 more
Zalllon's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow