Started Aug 14, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JasperD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,660
Like?
Wonderful!
Aug 14, 2011

My new printer was delivered to me on April 1st, no joke! I purchased the standard Epson Premium Glossy and Semigloss for the test runs, I should have known better: Glossy is not for me, has never been, nothing changed there. Others swear by it, don´t know which sells most. Output is of very high quality, exceeding my own high expectations. I have settled meanwhile with Epson Velvet for matte, mainly B&W prints, otherwise when really worth it, Ilford Galerie Gold Fibre Silk. For now, Epson Premium Semigloss and Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl are my ´standard´ papers, but I intend to check out a few other quality ones as well in the future.

Problems:

Getting hold of a way to return the empty cartridges in an environment responsible way. I took a half star off because of that, I´m still trying to get Epson to deliver that to me, as of today, 4.5 months after purchase. Clearly low priority, and no help provided at all, just redirection elsewhere... Lately even a foreign telephone number charging 1.34€ / minute, the recycling seems to have been outsourced to France meanwhile. One really needs to want it, Epson looks like encouraging me to just use the trash bin...

Not a single problem related to printing though.

JasperD's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow