Started Aug 19, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stuart C
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
F80 EXR review
Aug 19, 2011

My personal opinion, F80 EXR did have its good features although many might not agree with my comment as definition of good, average and bad varies base on individual's rating. For me, the image quality is above average, especially for the low light shooting which is much better than cameras at this price range category. (DSLR users might possibly rate the image quality as below average). Has Manual control, which is good but limited. I used a lot of the Pro Low Light mode and EXR, either HR or D Range modes. Fully agrees with Kim on the recommended settings, for this camera, the user needs to familiarize with the adjustments and settings in order to get good results. Noise level, yes they exist but acceptable considering the price we are paying for which is still better than many of its competitors. Generally, I'm happy with this camera and have gotten pretty nice pictures from it. Macro is not close enough but with a tripod, you could crop it nearer with better sharpness. I have quite a bit of macros in my collection and some are reasonably sharp.

Problems:

Battery life, could be better
Needs to run through Manual for better understanding of the camera.

Stuart C's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
acceptable
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
mediocre
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow