Started Aug 22, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zaraza the one
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
A good compact
Aug 22, 2011

Can be only compared in IQ with Fujifilm FS100/ f20/30/31, Nikon S7000, Canon s90/95 G11/12
at "compact camera/tiny sensor/fixed lens" world.

The Sony R1, Sigma DP1/DP2, Fujifilm X100 are superior or far superior with larger sensors (but no so practical in use).

In general all reflex and MILC camereas are better...the last ones very compact and low noise capable to replace this Fujifilm.

So... is one of the 10 best compact cameras ever made: Low noise, faster, very sharp, zoom barrel (not by bottons), good WB, very usefull focals and brigth lens, usable video -today-, viewfinder...and many more.
The honeycomb Super-CCD sensor is magic, and fujifilm may trying this tech in m4/3 or other compacts I think.
Any Panasonic from FZ line can´t touch this camera... even today.

Problems:

Just few: A little dissapointed with the plastic battery door. Plastic tripod mount. Not Flash shoe or even flash sync (but the pop-up i-flash is near to perfection). XD card is a Big Fail from Fujifilm, Manual focus is still electronic (I think this is the worst as expected in old compact camera), Sometimes AF contrast detect under poor/none ligth is unrreliable (as expected in an old compact camera, but still super fast pre-focused in good light). The firmware has a few bugs, my eye hurts in EVF when I use flash in dark situation (must cut the EVF for a little while, like using a reflex). The ISO and RAW settings are hidden in a deep menu, like others importan fuctions. The EVF could be better, but still is Ok. Just a four way bottons to move F and shutter speed, it would be better and very more confortable with dials (but this is a budget camera). Lack of IS as detail. Still is a amazing camera, none of "Problems" are important.

Zaraza the one's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow