Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm (Performance, Price, Versality)

Started Sep 29, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Malvin Camina
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm (Performance, Price, Versality)
Sep 29, 2011

I received my zuiko digital lens a year ago from navy exchange. It's one of the cheapest lens at that time. So I agree that the price is affordable for amteurs like me. Through experience of becoming a pro I have maximized it's capability and identify the advantages of it even if its just a Kit Lens. This type of lens performs at its best with Portrait, Travel, Street Photography. I play its Aperture Settings depending on my needs and really performs well from f/8 to f/16 depending on detail preservation or Depth of Field required. At 100-150mm I can easily have BOKEH shots that is almost similar to 50mm Prime Lens. So far it can still compensate my needs whether if there is a wide-tele lens available in the market especially if you're on a tight budget.

Problems:

The only disadvantages of lens is the lack of focal lenths available especially for wide-angle. For example I have to use Olympus DSLR E-420 with 14-42mm Kit Lens and DSLR E-520 with 40-150 Kit Lens just to have both wide-angle and telephoto lens like Wedding Photoshoot. It's also a a disadvantage in Low-Light condition because these type of lenses has slow A-FS so it will require you a good lighting to progress you shots. But through practice you'll make it...

Malvin Camina's score
Average community score
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow