Started Nov 25, 2011 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Razgriz
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
DX Camera Standard Lens
Nov 25, 2011

I currently own a Nikon D90 and I wanted a 50mm standard lens like I have for my Nikon FE film SLR.
Instead of buying the dedicated 35mm f1.8 DX lens I purchased this lens as it allows me to use it on the the FE and as well as the D90.

The results are fantastic, quick focusing (On the D90 anyway) smooth and quiet operation and there is a focus distance window allowing you to perform accurate hyperbolic manual focusing.

The lens is compact and light weight and does not take up too much room in your camera bag allowing you to carry other small lenses and accessories.

Sun flare can be a problem, so use the lens hood to prevent this. If you buy this lens new, it does come with a small metal lens hood. But somethimes I use a rubber one which I purchased for little expense because it collapses, making even more compact than the metal lens hood.

Over all this lens will not disappoint. Your images will be sharp even all the way down to f2. Edge to edge sharpness is superb and colour fringing and abberations are minimal. The focul range is 52.5mm using the 1.5 crop factor of DX sensors, so it is practically a standard 50mm field of view.

All in all for about £150 for a mint example off Ebay. You will be delighted with its performance and should you upgrade to full frame digital photography, you will have a 35mm lens ready to use.

Kind regards

Razgriz

Razgriz's gear list:Razgriz's gear list
Nikon D2Xs Nikon D700 Nikon D600
Razgriz's score
Average community score
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow