Nikon D7100 crop factor

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,284Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 crop factor
In reply to Chrisp63, Mar 15, 2013

Since coming to OSLRTalk I have been monitoring the Jumping Ship threads closely and there seems to be a common thread to them. Jump not because the lenses are better from competitors, but jump because the camera offers more and also Oly is slow putting out an E7 or equivalent.

But always in the counter arguments there is also one common theme. The Oly Lenses. Seems they are well and truly the best in all markets.

You say you have a number of Oly Lenses and can't wait for that elusive E7 anymore? Yet I bet in the past you have extolled the virtues of your Oly glass. I'm betting the major reason you held onto your E510 was not because you secretly wanted an E-x but you felt comfortable with the results of your glass coupled with a capable camera.

I too have an Evolt (E500) and three lenses, all of which I am very happy with. I know I have capable gear as my entries in challenges seem to tickle someones photographic taste, so I am happy with my equipment for now and my results. BUT if I had the money no doubt I'd upgrade to a better Oly system (E5 if no new E-x camera available as I know my lenses and I know Oly).

If you jump to the Nikon you have to relearn your camera and gear all over again and you lose the opportunity to use the best glass in the market.

Thane

-- hide signature --

The digital image is a dozen or so words
positioned carefully to paint a picture
that challenges the eye
and tricks the mind
into thinking, light is a title
and the palette a taste bud
worth tasting.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow