Started Jan 4, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amtr Pani Fan
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Not sure why this brand doesn't get more coverage
Jan 4, 2012

I bought this camera as an impulse purchase when I saw it on the internet at a ridiculously low price. I am a fan of Panasonic cameras having owned various models ranging from compacts, bridge camera (the fantastic FZ50) to mirrorless m43rds. What I was looking for was a smallish camera with a large sensor but with a viewfinder (this is the one thing I miss on my Panasonic GF1). I am a bit tired of waiting for a better range of lenses to come out from Panasonic and so did not want to commit further by buying another panasonic (G3) that gives me the viewfinder whilst still waiting for a more satisfying range of lenses. So I bought the Samsung as a kind of stop gap.

I have to say that I am really impressed with this camera - I am sure that a new model will be out soon - hence the very low price - but even though it is about to be superseded this camera is excellent.

FEATURES
This camera has a fantastic range of features - it is small, has interchangeable lenses, a viewfinder, is very comfortable to hold and has the full range of photographic features you would expect on an entry level slr. In addition it has a fantastic i feature which means that you can control the aperture (and other features) in the old fashioned way, by rotating a ring around the lens. Another feature I really like is that when in auto mode (and probably other modes too) the flash automatically pops up if required (unlike on the Panasonic cameras I am used to where this must always be done manually).

This Camera has only been in my possession for a couple of weeks and therefore I have not had the opportunity to use it extensively but I have used it enough to be very impressed.

Problems:

The only downside I see with this camera v Panasonic is that the build quality does not appear as good - however it is still of very good build quality it is just Panasonic seems more robust.

Amtr Pani Fan's score
Average community score
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow