Started Feb 8, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Toby80
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Great Little Camera!!!
Feb 8, 2012

I had this camera for years. Switched to this camera that took AA batteries after a trip to Hawaii when the charging cradle for my last camera broke. First trip there and only one full battery cycle!!! Never worried about that with this camera.

Image quality is awesome. I've taken some beauties with this guy and gotten some nice large prints out of them. Swivel screen was a novelty of it's day, now more common but it's fantastic to use. So easy to place the camera on the ground and up high for creative shooting angles. Speaking of creative, there are also a bunch of creative edits this camera will do like the color swap, selective color modes (showing only the color you select leaving everything else B&W), and many others you'd normally have to do in PS.

A workable zoom range. Easy menu system, like all canons. Fantastic macro that lets you get down to 1cm away! Also love the full manual ability, Tv, Av, and customs. This was a perfect learner camera for me to get to know how all those operations work. I took it everywhere with me, this was before the days of the 'rugged' cameras. So it went to the mountain, kayaking, hiking, everywhere. So it took some abuse too. Dropped in snow, straight to hard ground etc. quite a few times without incident. Unfortunately it took one drop too many a couple years ago and the shutter button popped off. Everything it the camera still works, just no shutter release It was going to cost more to fix than replace. It was time to graduate to a DSLR anyway.

Toby80's gear list:Toby80's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
Toby80's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow