Started Mar 1, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
keiththewheelman
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
a mixed bag of feeliings and leaks as expected
Mar 1, 2012

Overall I really enjoy this camera. I love the timelapse, the incamera panorama. P mode is great for taking quick shots- except under incandesant light and the very similar floresants- where no white balance preset is right and there's no way to adjust it. I like the customizableness that allows me to change vital parameters easily (with one hand as I ride down the road on my bicycle). The Customer service is good too as mine leaked- I shut if off before the water destroyed it, dried it out, used it a few times and then took it to the Pentax service center in Bangkok where they fixed my 10 month old camera I bought in HongKong. note that the camera had been in my pocket for 10 months (and it may have been the display model in a store before that) Pentax does say to replace the seals every year to maintain waterproofness of the camera. The speed of the camera was a nice treat after using a few really slow olympus waterproof cameras- start up and auto-focus most notably.

things pentax could add to the camera- more white balance control, AS and M exposure, a lens cover, and an optical viewfinder... and a more durable water/dust sealing.

overall a good package but occasionally dissapointing.

keiththewheelman's gear list:keiththewheelman's gear list
Olympus TG-820 iHS Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6
keiththewheelman's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
okay
Low light (without flash)
weak
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow