Started Mar 24, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ibida Bab
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Mediocre
Mar 24, 2012

I am reviewing the HS25EXR which I bought on Amazon yesterday and after two days of shooting I mailed it back. This camera is pretty much same as the HS30EXR with the difference of the 25 taking AAs. That was my main deciding factor and the 24mm wide angle and the fact, that I had a Fuji camera before that produced outstanding outdoor photos.
This camera on EXR setting had worst image quality then my first digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 3100. I shot about 50 shots at a location where I took similar photos with a another older camera, a Canon PowerShot A710IS.
This Fuji is just a miserable fail, in my opinion. The camera felt cheap, in fact, that was the first thing my wife said to me. The tripod mount is plastic, and the battery compartment had a mysterious movement and felt quiet unsecured. It is a Made in China camera and it feels like that. Cheap. I have about 10 other cameras that are Made in Japan quality and when you hold a Japanese made camera you'll know it. Some will argue that most things are made in China these days, however, when it comes to cameras and you take your gear seriously, stay away from these. Some other things I noticed: when turning the camera vertical the LCD goes dark. On regular Auto setting the camera takes even worst images than on EXR. I think the electronic viewfinder is useless, the user menu is quiet bad. I really wanted to like this camera, because I never had a mega zoom bridge camera, however, this Fuji is just a major disappointment for me.

Problems:

Overall built and image quality.

Ibida Bab's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
bad
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
bad
Portraits
bad
Low light (without flash)
bad
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow