Started Mar 25, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chanpion01
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
AMAZING
Mar 25, 2012

This is a 14mp camera and you get DSLR quality pictures. The white balance options are great especially the custom setup where you take a photo and the dot on which measures white balance is on a white thing and it bloody gets the perfect white balance. Metering is great. ISO from 200-3200 is useful. Low light performance is amazing. The shooting modes are M,A,S,P + Intelligent Auto, Sweep Panorama, Scene Modes like Landspace, Portrait, Night View, Hand Held Twillight, Sports, Macro and other. 3D Sweep Panorama, PICTURE EFFECT IS AMAZING including Toy Camera, Partial Color effect of Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, High Key Monchrome, High Key B&W. Macro for the Pancake Lens is 24cm. Would suggest a screen protector as the screen gets easily damaged. Unfortunately I learnt the hard way. Like the tilting screen. In Shooting Photo mode the up button is display, down is exposure or in manual to change from changing aperture to shutter. left is what shooting you want: contious advantage provides fast shooting and auto focusing for each photo. For even faster there is speed priority, timers can be set for 2 or 10 sec. The precision digital zoom is good. when in live view it is blurry but then you take the photo and in playback it looks amazing. Playback options are great. press down for a greater view of your photos 6 photos per page. I like the layout of the buttons. record button is good. playback button is in a good position. on off button is a good position. i like how you can change the soft key functions. usb and hdmi position is good. i like the tripod position. if you don't have a big, in the way tripod then you can access the battery and sd card. the flash is very good. a bit bright sometimes but flash compensation fixes that. i like how even though you connect it to the accessory port you lower it and it doesn't take up that much space.

Problems:

no hotshoe, would like to choose the colour in partial colour mode of the picture effect. would like the camera to flash compensate automatically.

chanpion01's gear list:chanpion01's gear list
Canon PowerShot S300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS7 +17 more
chanpion01's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow