Started Apr 3, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paper4482
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm X-S1 - ultimately flexible
Apr 3, 2012

I've only had this camera for 5 days, and am overall very happy with the purchase. There are pitfalls on any camera, and coming from the Sony A77 I was pleasantly surprised that the build quality is extremely close to the Sony.

My main reason for buying was simply that for an enthusiast it seems to be extremely hard to get high quality glass without massive compromises or even more massive cost - so getting the X-S1 with it's 24-624mm equivalent range and superb macro capabilities does seem to cover 95% of what my Sony could do while lugging around 4 lenses.

The EXR mode is excellent, but takes away almost all the control from the user - thats going to take some getting used to, along with the shift to contrast detection auto focus and hence no spot metering.

I've already been able to take some great wildlife shots, and haven't had white orb issues when shooting bright points in low light (yet) so overall very pleased

Problems:

Considering the number of autofocus points and the speed improvements I'd heard discussed prior to purchase I'm struggling on capture of moving targets, coming from a high end aps-c dslt camera the focus speed does *seem* slow.

paper4482's gear list:paper4482's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A57 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
paper4482's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Fujifilm X-S1 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow