Started May 30, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skytraveler123
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
One of the best point and shoots
May 30, 2012

I have owned about 10 different point and shoot cameras, ranging from Canon, to Casio, to Fuji, to Kodak, to Sony. One of the trade-offs with a point and shoot is the low-light capabilities of the sensor. I knew that going into this one, but was startled by the quality of the low-light photos I was able to get.

This camera has an "intelligent" auto mode, that adjusts the settings of the camera as you focus on your scene. It then can take a series of shots in rapid succession, and combine those shots to give you a better result then a single shot can from a camera like this. It will help with noise, with high contrast, back-lighting, and just poor-lighting. The results are far better then I could get with my previous point and shoot cameras.

Now, I own a DSLR, and this camera cannot compete, but I also don't get my DSLR very much because of its size. They say the best camera is the one you have with you. Well, I have this one with me far more than my larger professional camera, and can still get very good shots out of it.

Problems:

A couple of issues I have are: 1, the exposure compensation seems to revert back after turning the camera off. I would like to see that setting "stick" even if the camera is turned off. And when I zoom way in to a photo, the picture looks like cream cheese. But when I get the pictures off-loaded to my computer, they look fine. Must be something with the screen and software of the camera. Other then that, I am very happy with this camera.

skytraveler123's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow