Started Jun 11, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rbstamm
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Buyer Beware, Warranty Worthless
Jun 11, 2012

Buyer Beware! Panasonic will not honor their warranty!
I am very distressed that I am forced to post this complaint about Panasonic not honoring their explicit warranty on a Lumix DMC-TS3 “underwater” camera.
I am an experienced underwater photographer with three underwater cameras and 9 years experience. I have never had a case leakage or any damage to one of my cameras. I know how to care for expensive camera equipment at the beach and underwater.
I purchased a new Lumix DMC-TS3 “underwater and 6 foot drop proof” camera for my wife to use. She is also an experienced photographer and knows how to care for a camera. We liked the Lumix as an easy to use light weight simple point and shoot for shallow water snorkeling. One its first trip, only 6 weeks old, it failed after only 7 days of shallow snorkeling. It was never more than 6 feet underwater and at all times cared for exactly according to the manual. It was never dropped or otherwise damaged. I was sorry it failed so soon on its first trip but we did have our larger underwater cameras so I was not too concerned. I was sure Panasonic would replace or repair the camera and I would have been happy with that.
I returned the camera as instructed to Panasonic certain they would honor their warranty and advertising. I was shocked when they called and said the warranty was void because there was “condensation” inside the camera. I carefully explained that the camera was cared for exactly according to their manual and should be under warranty. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would contact me in 3-4 working days. They never called or emailed me. I then called Panasonic warranty service two more times. Each time I got the same answer: the warranty was void and someone would call me but no one ever did. I am now left without a camera. I would never buy from Panasonic again and caution anyone else considering a purchase from them. If you do not care about a warranty and possible early camera failure then buy Panasonic, otherwise BEWARE PANASONIC. I have now found numerous other complaints on the web about the exact same treatment from Panasonic. This appears to be a corporate policy and not an isolated incident.

rbstamm's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow