Started Aug 30, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
montemayor
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
D60 in 2012
Aug 30, 2012

To this date, I could say my D60 can still kick it and produce nice shots against recent entry levels like d3100, d5000 and d5100 of nikon and canon 500d and 550d. the thing is you'll not appreciate your shots when viewing with the D60 LCD but when transferred to a computer and viewed on a monitor, you'll see that's it's still close par to the new entry DSLRs.

if you'll just add a AF-S 50mm to this old timer and bang! others won't notice that you're using a camera released in 2008. besides the LCD that's not so up-to-date and clear and only 3 Auto Focus points, I have no complaints with this camera. you can just compose your shot to compensate for the limited focus points for and the prime lens will make you forget that you only have 3 focus points because it does all the job.

the body feels like a small D90. feel and ergonomically sweet and rugged. you won't feel any plastic and cheapness is nowhere to be found when you hold it. I love my D60. i'll keep it and makes a good backup with my D90 and I'm proud to say that I learned photography and got better with this camera. works well with new af-s lenses and produces pictures the same quality pictures like the models I've mentioned.

Problems:

only 3AF points compared to other entry level older than d60 with 9 but if you know how to shoot, that's not an issue.

montemayor's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow