Started Oct 26, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen Scharf
Regular MemberPosts: 493Gear list
Like?
Outstanding camera
Oct 26, 2012

The X10 is one of the best cameras I've owned or used. This camera is so well built that it feels like my film cameras, not a "digicam" or a digital point and shoot. A terrific mirrorless digital, this camera feels and performs like a fine photographic tool. The quality of construction, ergonomics, feel of controls makes this camera a pleasure to operate and use. I love the hybrid between a retro look and feel with modern functionality. Image quality, particularly with respect to dynamic range, high ISO low noise is excellent, and the naturalness of color is consistent with what Fujifilm cameras are famous for. While the camera will shoot RAW, the JPEG quality is so good that for many users, this format will meet the vast majority of their needs. I recently used the X10 for a landscape photography holiday in Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, and for my company's internal symposium, and in both contexts, the camera's EXR sensor and dynamic range or high/ISO low noise produced excellent quality images shooting in low or available light in situations where my older dSLR wouldn't have worked. The optical rangefinder lets me shoot candids and portraits quickly and unobtrusively. Overall, one of the best things I can say about the X10 is that it just makes me want to pick it up and get out and create images with it.

Stephen Scharf's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow