Started Nov 2, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
odins2
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Best Yet!
Nov 2, 2012

I have been a keen amateur for years and have owned everything from a Pentax spotmatic through the first autofocus camera Minolta 7000 and then on to digital working my way up through to a Nikon D90. I got sick of lugging an SLR with lenses etc. and decided to go for a compact, a small Sony DSC-HX5V which was OK but just OK. On sunny days I missed the viewfinder and looked around for an alternative, I was somewhat cautious and considered the Canon G1X and Nikon 7100 but after a trip to my local store I met an assistant who genuinly had an X10 of his own and he was an ex pro who still did weddings etc. as a sideline he said he still had his SLR but it was being used less and less as the X10 was so good. This persuaded me to buy the X10 and boy was I glad I did, the focus is blitzing fast, the exposure is spot on and the controls are great. It allows full control just like an SLR The manual zoom allows framing to be quick and precise (Not like camera's with the little rocker switch where framing is a bit hit and miss.) The Macro and Super macro are better than any I have used. I compared it with the little Sony DSC-HX5V compact and the difference is amazing. Thankyou Fuji who would have thought you could beat Canon and Nikon.

Problems:

None

odins2's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow