Started Nov 7, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jan Dolezal
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
One of the best cameras Nikon has ever made
Nov 7, 2012

Yes, I said that. Why? Just look at the facts: the 16 Mp sensor in this camera has still the best IQ among all the DX sensors that use the Bayer filter. And that applies even though this camera has been on the market for 2 years! Sure I'd like to have that cool Fuji sensor in it which offers even better IQ, but there's a hope that Nikon will have to move that way (to make a similar sensor) soon because of the diffraction effects that make high density Bayer sensors (especially those 24 Mp) suffer at apertures smaller than f5.

Other than the top notch IQ this camera offers all the bells and whistles I've been dreaming of having in my (affordable amateur class) camera for ages - 100% viewfinder, weathersealed body, pretty good AF system for it's class, dual card slots, 6 fps... and it offers much more as a bonus. Just look at the specs - timelapse, virtual horizon, in-built flash that works as a commander for external flashes, AF fine tune... just to name a few, but VERY useful features.

I like this camera a lot. Nothing is perfect though so is not this camera. That's why I gave it "only" 4,5 out of five star rating. So what could be better? Not much really and nothing too much important - larger buffer would be nice, live histogram too, and I really miss the aperture control while in the live-view mode. But that's it. Maybe the successor of this camera will have those, and much more

Jan Dolezal's gear list:Jan Dolezal's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Jan Dolezal's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow