Started Nov 11, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stoker Ace
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Nikon D2X
Nov 11, 2012

A great camera that does almost everything wonderfully well. Ultimate resolution is less that state of the art at 12mp but the feel and balance are a joy. If ever you need to hammer in some 6" nails I suspect it would do a great job as well. The ability to hold in portrait mode one-handed really is a delight. It is no pocket camera though, put a decent lens on it and the strap round your neck and it could easily chop you year off! But all told, a fantastic peice of kit and most affordable these days at c£500 from many dealers.

Problems:

Just one. The sensors fail! Mine has a serial number starting 1503 and after less than 4k exposures it died and went to sensor heaven. Mr Nikon did offer to fix it for the price of a new D800 which I thought was nice, If you have one and it works - keep it. If your senor goes - keep it, mount it on a plinth and if you ever need to drive a 6" nail into something hard - you have the ideal tool.

Stoker Ace's gear list:Stoker Ace's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 3200 Leica V-Lux 2
Stoker Ace's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Nikon D2X Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow