Started Nov 15, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wylun
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?
If you're going olympus, the only way to go
Nov 15, 2012

Since there are no reviews on this, I might as well do one.

My background - I have used Canon dslrs all my life.. XS, XSi, T1i, 60D... then i switched to Micro 4/3rs.. i liked the more small convenient bodies... however i did not like the tiny lenses that m4/3 comes w/... so i decided to get 4/3 lenses. w/ a adapter. first i started w/ the 14-42mm kit lens.. and after using a sigma 17-70mm OS and a 50mm 1.8 on a canon dslr.. that wasnt cutting it and it was a drastic down grade. .. so then the most logical step was either the 14-54 or the 12-60... i dont feel like spending $1000 on a lens that i heard had some problems.. and with the 14-54 at a DECENT price point with barely non cons to its name.. easy choice.

BOdy construction - this thing feels like its built like a tank.. very rugged and i love the zoom ring and grips. the lens feels very solid and its weather proofed... (will work well w/ my soon to buy OMD and a weather proof converter).. also you gotta love that blue ring (screw canon and their red one!)

Glass - a huge improvement from the 14-42 kit lens, i love the fact it is f2.8-3.5 and it is nice and crisp! even with my limitations of using a epl-1, shots in low light are still very good.

Auto focus seemed decent.. w/ me using the epl1 and a converter. even at 2.8 in daylight i really didnt see that much lag or delay.. low light of course there was a bit but understandable and also tolerable. I would bet on a 4/3r's body it will be alot better.

i hope this was helpful in some way.. there isnt a review on this lens yet so i thought i'd just throw in my two sense.

wylun's gear list:wylun's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16
wylun's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow