Started Nov 17, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grecian
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
EOS 650d + 18 - 135 STM
Nov 17, 2012

An excellent DSLR incorporating HD video function. I no longer have to carry both a DSLR and a camcorder. I have had this camera for 2 months and have now used it in 10 different countries.
I am very pleased with my purchase because:

Excellent stills IQ (I use mainly RAW but JPEG results are fine)
Wide range of functions and modes
18 - 135 lens excellent range, able to cover most photographic requirements
Battery life good
Low light performance good.
Video fine in most situations, including hand held and of moving subjects. (Occasionally it has taken 2 or 3 seconds to lock focus, but you can see in the viewfinder what is happening and extend the time of your clip, so this has not been a significant problem for me)
Video sound good

Problems:

You definitely need to get familiar with this camera before tackling important subjects. It has a richness of options, it easy to change settings inadvertently via touchscreen or mode dial and then not realise what you have done.
STM image stabilisation generally satisfactory but I tend to notice more signs of camera shake when panning hand -held than from my former top of the range camcorder (I am a perfectionist; possibly expecting too much and maybe panning is not a good technique anyway?)

Grecian's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow