Started Nov 19, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Golferdon
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Flexibility Plus
Nov 19, 2012

I bought the camera to replace a Kodak 850P primarily to reduce noise in low light. Over the past three years I've pretty much bonded with the camera for still photos on a couple of trips overseas plus hundreds of pics here in the States. The barrel distortion can be a little annoying on some shots featuring verticle columns but in general photos are exceptional and the 10 megapixel "limitation" hasn't been a factor What I have found to be an extemely useful feature is the video capability. Couple this with the ability to take a still during the video, zoom in and out without affecting the sound, the rotating LCD screed and the ability to write continuously to a high speed SD chip makes this camera a truly useful tool. Camera technology is changing so fast it's difficult to not think the greass is greener with the nexgen camera but until something breaks on this SX10-IS it will be one of my workhorses.

Problems:

My few complaints - no ability to add on specialty lenses, the need to cycle through the display to get to where you want to be, the manual focus is difficult at best and above 4 or 5x to get a really crisp shot use a tripod and self timer.

Golferdon's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow