Started Nov 21, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MSimba
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Standard Kit lense
Nov 21, 2012

This was a kit lense that i got with my 5DIII. When i first tested this lense, i had a very bad impression as this lense is not ideal for low light condition. With the constant f4 at all zoor range, its not your best choice if you shoot in low light condition, but take it outside and the results are 100% the opposite. The sharpness and image quality is one of the best. The wide angle @ 24mm is not bad, although not the best in comparison with the 16 or 17mm lenses. Also, the zoom @ 105mm is also useful for your standard day to day use.
All in all, after using this lense in a variety of situations I would rather get a wide angle lense such as the 16-35mm f2.8L and the famous 70-200mm f2.8L for your zoom application.

Problems:

Terrible at low light condition.

MSimba's gear list:MSimba's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
MSimba's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow