The Most Impressive Travel Camera you will Buy!

Started Nov 24, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeaderOfTheFreeWorld
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
The Most Impressive Travel Camera you will Buy!
Nov 24, 2012

Ignore anything less than total praise for the Casio EX-H20G, as of NOW!

I bought Casio EX-H20GBK Hybrid-GPS Enabled 14 MP Digital Camera with 10x Zoom and 3-Inch LCD
February 4, 2012

At first I kind of understood some of the reviews, but then I upgraded the Firmware 1.04 ...have you ever seen a slim woman with a sexy square sweet gap between her thighs? This camera was formed by that gap. PERFECT!
http://support.casio.com/download.php?rgn=4&cid=001&pid=1018
http://support.casio.com/download.php?rgn=1&cid=001&pid=1019

Older 1.01 Firmware, yet excellent reviewer presentation. (Everything has improved!!!)
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EXH20G/EXH20GA.HTM

There has never been a more perfect travel or secondary camera!
The GPS function is now so perfect you can locate each step in a square dance with a different address. I do not kid you. I literally stood outside and check the GPS coordinates for each step and repeated it more than once. This GPS is better than Dedicated GPS that hikers and wilderness people use, except it is in color. Even cooler you could make copies of the SDHC card and people could use their camera to follow a color photo hikers trail, land mark images and a GPS map listing each photo on the map. 2-3Foot accuracy!!! And the Hybrid accelerometer accuracy works very very well after the 1.04 Firmware update. Even when going up and down stairs and doubling back. No real worries about how you carry it either, on your hip, in a case, or in your hand. Spotlessly accurate.

I the picture quality was very good, but the SR mode on the new 1.04 firmware was so sharp, that picture blur was almost impossible. It was like when Sony invented Steady Cam for digital video, World Changing!!! The key was to use SR without digital zoom. The image stabilization made per pixel accuracy on photos crystal crisp. Video was also amazingly good looking.

1.03 to 1.04 Firmware deliver me an entirely new camera.
The shutter button even worked as a power button.
No more awkward reaching to the top of the camera.
Perfect.

Editors of, DPReview please Review this Camera, Not Re-Review, But do a hands on Review.
My EX-H20G was stolen and there is a camera that came out 2 years later, and I know for a Fact based on many reviews and DPR's own 76% score that Canons battery life & Quality still doesn't come anywhere near the Casio EX-H20G >>> Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP = So please do a review to confirm how the latest Casio Firmware EX-H20G 1.04-5 means I should spend up to $100 more than a Canon for < a 2 year old Casio!!!

Please, Please, Please, & Make sure you use SR mode & compare GPS batteries for both!!!

I know I'm right, but having some professionals do a professional job would mean the world to us consumers, then people can circle the Entire Globe and create http://photosynth.net/Default.aspx 3D maps of Every Historic Sight around this World, with perfect accuracy!!!

Neil El-Montaser Sandage @ USF Tampa, FL
~ Student Inventor & Entrepreneur
~ Strange incident at the USPTO convention on Campus

Problems:

Though make sure you buy a better carry strap. $200-300 is a lot for something split open on cement floor. At least the LCD stayed in tact, and the body snapped back together without issue in my case. I bought a lens wipe self carrying pouch with camera strap. That little bulk made this camera perfect to grip, where initially I was a little worried. (The accident was when I tipped the carrying pouch on my chest over, like a shirt pocket, it feel over in a stadium and landed on the next row down... nightmare, the buttons could not be used, until I decided rather than give up by playing delicate, use my thumbs to warp the flexible top edge and snap it back together, A Frickin Miracle!!! Was back in working order without any recognizable damage? Amazing, and adding the carry strap with glass wipe meant never fearing picking it off the ground again, minding I don't turn the carry case upside down again. At least while its open. >_> !!)

LeaderOfTheFreeWorld's gear list:LeaderOfTheFreeWorld's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-H20G
LeaderOfTheFreeWorld's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow