Started Dec 24, 2012 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GCHYBA
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
Only this camera can do this...
Dec 24, 2012

As far as I can tell, there is no camera out there that can shoot 30 frames per second. If you like to do action shots, and you want to be able to simply hand the camera to your friend and say "when I hit the jump, just hold down the button and follow me" there is no other choice. I have so many great pics of me and my friends at the apex of some action shot, simply by picking 1 from the 30 that was the best. The HDR setting works amazing well when the distance is too great for a flash, and HDR Art setting 1 makes for some amazing shots that look boring with normal exposure (but it can be overused, I usually take 1 shot normal, one shot HDR, and on HDR-Art1 and then pick which one I like best). Of course the image quality isn't what an SLR can do, and you have to edit shots in PS to get them to look amazing, but I get compliments all the time and get asked "what kind of camera is that???".
Photography is 90% the shooter, 10% the equipment. If action isn't important to you (like getting all the kids just as they hit the water) then this isn't the camera for you. But if it is, it can't be beat...

GCHYBA's gear list:GCHYBA's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-10
GCHYBA's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
mediocre
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
okay
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow