Started Jan 8, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sickdog1674
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
L 610 tryout
Jan 8, 2013

I bought this camera at Bestbuy for $150, that is $100 less then retail, I was looking at other point & shoot pocket size cameras in the $100 price range. This one is similar in size to the L26 that I was considering, but this one has a much better lens and a better feel in the hand, if you are familiar with other point and shoot Nikons you will have no problems with this. The main reason I was considering the L26 was familiarity with the L20 series of cameras that I have had several of and they are durable and easy to power with AA batteries, but I have a problem giving them away to those less fortunate. Anyway the L610 is easy to use,, light in weight and easy to power with the AA batteries, I like that especially when you want to travel light without the chargers, AA can be found everywhere. This camera can easily fit in most shirt pockets, the only the only reason I gave it 4 stars is that the lens cover seems to be a bit flimsy, but only time will tell, After I use it more I might come back and give it a 5

Problems:

the known problems I have seen in reviews, is short battery life and blurry pictures. I have not experienced any of that, I like to use Lithium AA's and are usually good for over 300 shots, not a problem for me. And I have not had any blurry pictures taken by surprise.

sickdog1674's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon Coolpix L20 Nikon Coolpix L26 Nikon Coolpix L610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow