Started Jan 21, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ralf_L
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Nice travel and wildlife camera...
Jan 21, 2013

This was my first Panasonic camera. I have never used compact camera with such great zoom before and don't have anything to compare with. I wanted light camera for traveling when i don't want to take my Canon 1D M4 or 5D M3 with Ef USM IS 400 F/2,8 or Sigma 120-300 F/2.8 and still can take photos of birds on the longer distance. It is not the same quality and performance but good enough for everyday use like Internet, FB and even my homepage. After few day looking around and reading the different reviews I found this model as the best option for my needs.
I am going to mention two less good thing which I found on this camera so fare and the rest was good or as mentioned on their specification.
1. I liked idea of taking panorama shots which was built in the camera (like on my iPhone 5 which I really like) In the good light conditions camera do good job but in the low light like photographing sunset or sun rise or in mix environment with strong light and dark shadows camera perform less good. Panorama shots ends with darker vertical lines in darker areas... which sometimes are not possible to fix.
2. Above ISO 800 pictures are pretty noisy especially if it was photographed in low light situation... You can always fix noise in Lightroom and other software.... still but not so big problem.
I am pleased with camera and can recommend for people who are in need of big zoom for wild life, action and travel as the main reason.

/Ralf
www.ralfsworld.com

Ralf_L's gear list:Ralf_L's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III +14 more
Ralf_L's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow